With a potential war between Israel and Iran looming, let’s take a look at potential strategies that could be deployed by either side in this bitter conflict.
Now first, I must just comment on recent articles and forums commentary about this pending war. It strikes me amusing when people with absolutely no military training or experience, are suddenly self-appointing experts on strategies of war and global conflict.
It would be better for people to first become educated and do some research before commenting on matters that they are clearly not qualified to comment on.
There is a very good book by a man called, Sun Tzu, which covers many military principles of strategy, tactics, manoeuvring, communication, and supplies, etc. The only problem is that the book is old and so as centuries have changed, so have war tactics.
Although army call-ups were no longer compulsory for me in 1994, I have previously been ranked on leader boards for both Warcraft and Starcraft and I know the tactics of urban warfare which sees my excellent performance on Call of Duty.
I won’t take sides in this conflict because I am neutral observer and don’t wish to be labelled as racist, bigot or anti-cement.
The Art of War and strategies:
- Israel would have to fly over states like Jordan and Iraq which could ruin the element of surprise.
- Iran could look to strike key biblical historic sites like the Solomon Temple (although there is a mosque standing there today which could then send the wrong message), the Mountain of Olives, Mount Sinai and even the Dead Sea (although dropping bombs on a dead lake could be a waste of missiles?).
- Israel could counter with targeting the nuclear facilities where weapons are being created, or even the oil supplies of Iran.
- Iran could then retaliate targeting major Israeli olive plantations.
- If Iran we to flee, it would be difficult as they are surrounding by states mostly, and would look to hide in the dessert sand which would make them difficult to see.
- Iran by contrast, would have to destroy the Mediterranean Ocean to cut off a Israel escape route because as we know in history, they did escape through the sea once before.
So looking at this whole conflict, it’s easy to conclude that the world markets will be going crazy and I would look to invest in maybe olives or oil in the coming months. In fact, now that I’m thinking, maybe just invest in olive oil and cover two birds with a stone. That is my insightful investment tip for 2013.
What the world does not need is this conflict, let’s hope it does not escalate. But this would be my strategies for my Art of War.
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.