Various questions related to the Supreme Being or God for the vast majority remain unanswered and therefore the experience of God remains unfulfilled. The concepts about God are as varied or different as are the sanskars of human beings.
Some common concepts about God:
• Some say God is everywhere.
• Some say He is nowhere.
• Some say He created the whole Universe out of nothing or out of Himself: others see that as illogical and impossible.
• Many say God is beyond the understanding of limited human intellects, others believe that they have understood Him and are then respected as self-realized or spiritually knowledgeable humans.
• Still others believe themselves to be God and allow themselves to be worshiped.
• Some say that God creates only what is good, and others say that He also creates evil or bad, and that everything that is happening in the world is just God's play.
• God is seen by some to be just an expression of human beings' needs and that they will soon go beyond needing such a figure-head (someone who is looked up to).
• Some say He makes the grass grow and the wind blow, others say He is merely the voice of the conscience - the inner voice.
• Others define God as the higher self who remains constantly at peace; this concept is called cosmic-consciousness, since the one with this characteristic is said to be at one with the whole universe.
There is an endless variety of human theories and concepts which appear to create confusion and even hatred among people when they are opposed to each other, but ultimately I must ask myself how far "I", the individual, have the experience of His powers and qualities.
The basis of forming a relationship with anyone is knowledge of who they are, what they look like, where they are from, and what they do. Similarly if I am to have the awareness of myself as a soul, and emerging from that, a close relationship with God, the Supreme Soul, then I must know:
• Who He is?
• What His form is or what does He look like?
• Where He is or where does He reside (stay)?
• What His personality traits or sanskars are?
• What His acts or karmas are?
• What is my relationship with Him?
God is living and real, not a matter of scientific research. It is necessary for me to re-establish a living relationship with Him, on the basis of complete knowledge of Him. My connection should not be based on the fears and superstitions of the past.