This article will probably be deleted soon as we all know how sensitive South Africans are on racial related issues, we have not yet truly healed from the past or even started to bridge the current divide and inequalities.
The main aim of this article is to call all people from all races to get back to basics, to get “REAL” and forget about any other emotional propaganda they've been fed for the past 18years….
Right, so switch on your open-mindedness and being as honest as possible ask yourself the following questions… (these question WILL challenge your emotions!):
Questions to white people:
- The ANC screwed up on many occasions but they've also achieved some significant goals, why is it so hard for you to give them credit on these achievements?
- 80% of comments from white people on News24 are always negative, why are you so quick to degrade the black people and government?
- We all know about the past and the inequalities it created, why do white people then have a problem with BEE/AA, as well as land distribution?
- SA has an insane crime rate, but the shear brutality of these crimes leaves most of us shocked, why do white people always blame black people for these crimes?
- I've seen some really inspirational and wise black people, why is it that white people think most black people are barbaric and stupid and you cannot learn anything from them?
- Majority of white people voted against Apartheid in 1992, yet you still have a small minority supremist white group, their beliefs are really sick - if SA ever had to go into an ethnic cleansing war, will you ever join these white supremists, why or why not?
- You've been brought up to hate black people (you are old), but recently you've developed feelings for a beautiful African lady, do you feel confused about taking the relationship further, why or why not?
Questions to black people:
- The ANC government has failed you on many occasions, yet you keep voting for them, is this because of fear for Apartheid repeating itself?
- Many whites today had nothing to do with Apartheid, yet over the past 18years I've seen some really brutal racist comments from black people towards whites, do you approve of this, and why or why not?
- When you get an Affirmative Action job, do you feel you have earned it, or do you feel its only justice playing out and it does not really reflect on your abilities and self-worth?
- You stand on the a street corner, a white person stop at the stop street, sees you and roll up their window (in fear of a hijacking), you were innocently waiting for the bus, how does that make you feel, and why do you think the white person behaved that way?
- When looking at European history, their achievements and what the white people have brought to Africa, do you feel this is a curse and caused most of the problems we have today, or, are there much to learn from the Europeans and the European infrastructures and systems you have today?
- Do you feel the majority of whites in SA today are truly democratic and would love to work with black people to build this country, but we just need to learn each others ways, or you see no hope?
- You see or read about the brutal killing of a white adult or child by a black person, do you feel its genocide or just another crime in SA, and why?
When commenting on these points please indicate the point number you are commenting on.
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.