It is important for me to start at page 22 of THE EFF MANIFESTO and the rest will just be to highlight. I will start at page 22 then 23, move to conclusion on page 25 and
highlight some points from page 5. AFTER READING, if you didn’t join eff
for positions then you will remain loyal member.Page 22 of EFF manifesto reads as follows at the beginning:
SECTION 5: RADICAL TRANSFORMATION OF STATE INTO A PEOPLE’S DRIVEN STATE AND GOVERNANCE.
The EFF Government will lead one of the most radical State and governance transformation programmes ever seen in the history of South Africa, and this will include the following:
1) Building state capacity and efficiency.
2) Public representatives using public services.
3) Reduction of all private benefits for public representatives.
This is where critics must not jump to point number 2 without reading EVERYHING from the heading in bold letters. How can there be ‘Reduction of all private benefits for public representatives’ by EFF Government if the EFF is not in power? This is so simple, but to make you better understand and before you make a conclusion let me go to page 23 of the manifesto:
PUBLIC REPRESENTATIVES USING PUBLIC SERVICES:
1) As a broad and cogent principle, the EFF Government’s approach to public representatives (those occupying political office through elections) is that because they are there on the mandate of the people to serve, the many perks associated with political office should be limited.
2) The lifestyle of representatives should reflect that of ordinary citizens. Because they are responsible for the allocation of resources, and the implementation and monitoring of services, public representatives and their dependants should be compelled, by law, to use only public services, particularly schools and healthcare facilities and services. This should apply to all public representatives from the President of the country to local municipal councillors.
I have highlighted ‘the EFF Governement’ on purpose and you better know what purpose especially if you think there is a U-turn. Now let me quote point number two “This should apply to all public representatives from the President of the country to local municipal councillors.” Is this possible for EFF when it is not in government? If this is not enough to make you understand that there is no such thing as ‘U-turn’ from EFF leaders, then you will never understand. If this to you means Julius Malema must take his son to public school now and start using public hospital then you are in the wrong party and completely confused.
Still on page 23:
REDUCTION OF BENEFITS FOR PUBLIC REPRESENTATIVES:
1) The EFF Government will implement a policy position that will lead to representatives not being bought cars or houses by the state. The amount of money the state spends on enhancing representatives’ personal lifestyle conditions is in no way justifiable.
2) Under EFF Government, public representatives with salaries, ministers, MECs and councillors should use their own cars and stay in their own houses, paid for by the salaries they are given by the state.
Really at this point I don’t see what the fuss is. The first point that is highlighted speaks volumes. How can you implement a policy when you are not in power? All these were said to the day that EFF takes power.
Even Minister of health Dr Aaron Motsoaledi attends private hospitals and is still not enough to improve conditions there until it’s passed to law. Those in the EFF must not be confused by opponents because EFF has a huge potential and opposition party see that. So blaming EFF members for accepting parliamentary perks is foolish if not confusion. It means you never read the EFF manifesto well and you are better ignored. All the EFF wants is to be elected to power, which is inevitable no matter what Steven Friedman wishes. To think that Malema can be removed by EFF members is funny.
This conclusion is very important. If you fail to recognize it as eye opener to you if you are confused, then start your own party. Taken from page 25:
The key component to the realisation of these objectives lies in the political determination, competency, zeal and commitment of a Government in power with the necessary capacity to pass legislation, and implement it accurately.
Simple and never join eff in order to make media headlines because the EFF is not a playground. Stop confusing our members. Form your own party and if you think Malema will be removed from his position, dream on and think again.
READ ALSO PAGE 3, 5, 13, 15 and 19 OF THE MANIFESTO AND SEE WHY WE ARE SHOCKED WHEN YOU ARE SELECTIVE IN QUESTIONING EFF LEADERS. LET ME HIGHLIGHT PAGE 5 ONLY:
Page5. The most important aspect about the EFF Manifesto is that it gives practical programmes, commitments, and actions on what is to be done by the EFF government when it takes political power in the 2014 General Elections. The EFF contests elections in order to win political power then will use the political power to control and transform the State, and then revolutionise the economy for the benefit of all South Africans.
… AND YOU DON’T BELONG TO EFF IF YOU UNDERSTAND NOTHING HERE.