WORDS OF WISDOM, WORDS OF CHAOS.
The following is a collection of wise words and not so wise words dredged from some of the comments:
(1) God-hating atheist. (Gods do not exist according to the atheist)
(2) The Christian can never prove there is a God while the atheist can prove there is no god.
(3) Agnostic: Professing ignorance or the inability to know especially in religion.
(4) Gnostic, Gnosticism: Philosophical and religious system teaching that knowledge rather than faith is the key to salvation.
(5) A statement: the problem with the Bible: Inaccuracies, contradictions, fallacies, scientific issues, and more. After 20 centuaries and almost none noticed it and hence had no problem with it.?
(6) Deism: The belief in the existence of a personal god based soley on the testimony of reason and rejecting any supernatural revelation. Natural religion. The belief that God created the world and set it in motion according to the natural laws, but takes no interest. Is God a natural law?. The belief in a first cause which is not intrinsically perfect or complete and is therefore not a proper o0bjecvt for worship
(7) Pantheism: The doctrine which holds that the self-existent and self developing universe conceived as a whole is God. The worship of all Gods.
(8) I was told I must be a Jew because my name, Zion, is Jewish. Therefore I must be a Jewish Paymaster.
(9) Someone said he saw potholes in Kroonstad on Google Earth.
(10) I used the crude expression “Jesus Christ” in one of my comments. The reaction was a flurry of “Thumbs Down” Yet in other articles the Christ figure and Godhead took a bashing and the outcry was a stony silence.
(11) Rene’ Descartes said: If you believe in the existence of God then he is only a figment of your imagination.
(12) Some claim a new-born baby has a sense of moral responsibility.
(13) HIV = Human Immunodeficiency Virus SIV = Simian Immunodeficiency Virus FIV = Feline Immunodeficiency virus. Sadly very few believe in the existence of the last two forms of aids.
(14) Someone commented that a dove defecated on my AB jersey when in fact It was a jacket.
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.