Here are five topics we have to talk about.
1. A London based company has monopoly on our precious metals. The gold and silver mined by our people is exported to the London Bullion Market Association only to be sold back to us at premium prices.
2. Petrol & Diesel produced locally in South Africa are sold cheaper abroad than to our own people. The fuel price is calculated at import rates even though it’s produced locally. In neighbouring countries fuel is sold for less than R7 a litre even though South Africa is their supplier. Our fuel is over taxes. Cannabis based bio fuels is a green alternative to petroleum and also has a carbon negative foot print.
3. The war on drugs has failed. In one day a single SAPS station can arrest up to 10 dagga users never have you read in the news that a single SAPS station has arrested 10 rapists or murderers. Dagga is less harmful than tobacco and alcohol. Zille has recently doubled their annual budget for fighting drugs.
4. South African manufactured VW & BMW vehicles are sold cheaper in UK that in the country of origin. Unlawful policies prevent struggling and lower class earners to acquire high quality second hand cars available in the UK and Japan. However if you are rich enough to live
5. Minimum wage; Farm hands earn R179 per day while bankers earn thousands if not millions per day.
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.