Until such time that science is able to answer the following fundamental questions that essentially relate to the very core of our existence, I choose to believe in God as the originator of everything:
1. What sparked the “big bang” which is the commonly accepted theory for the origin of the universe?
2. What set the laws of physics in motion after the big bang?
3. How did all the matter in the universe appear out of “nothing” after the big bang?
4. What set the spark to life, and why can’t life be created from inanimate objects?
5. Why life in other planets has not been found as yet? I do understand the vastness and distance of the universe but surely an intelligent species should have found us by now?
These fundamental questions all point to a Grand Designer of the universe and life as they are too complex to be a result of random chance that defy the natural laws of physics and science, as currently being put forward by atheists (e.g. string theory, multiverse theory) and therefore in the realm of “science fiction”.
Consequently, in the absence of evidence to the contrary, the odds are currently in favour of God as the originator of everything.
The challenge is to science to prove an alternate origin to the universe and life other than God based on the laws of physics. If it can be done, I am willing to recant my position…