I thought I would just improve the level of debate on this site by saying, "What seriously affects your future?"
How will this affect your future?
Here we are hearing on our radio's. seeing on out TV's and reading on our media, that;
- The world is changing. I have okes talking to me about their karma. They say that the universe is changing. WTF karma and the universe? Are you okes beginning to take life too seriously?
- The economies of the world have got into some serious debt. WTF, if everyone is in debt there must be some rain god in the sky who creates credit. Who owns the debt? I have tried to follow the dots and the dots seem to end with banks and a Reserve Bank. They lend governments large sums of money every day / year. They are privately owned, so I advise, although I don't understand this, buy shares in the Reserve Bank (yes you can, it is privately owned). How can the institution who determines interest rates ans owns all the debt, be a bad investment.
- The population of the world is increasing at a rate of 8% per annum. This population growth is attributed to 76% of the populations that are incapable of surviving economically. WTF can't we castrate 76% of the world's population? In other words, the number of dependants is increasing at a rate that is unsustainable.
- The environment is a mess. Some would have us believe that the warming effect is caused by us humans. WTF do you have any idea of the heat / energy created by a coronal mass ejection are? It leaves Eskom in the lurch. What we have to do have to look after is keeping our own environment clean. There is not much I can do about Coronal Mass Ejections or the deforestation in Brazil. We are generating more disposables that the planet can sustain.
- In South Africa, we have a government that is incapable of delivering services (they are, after all, a government in training - for 18 years). Our streets and pavements are becoming dirtier, our roads are becoming dangerous to our tyres and our lives, our traffic lights are often not working, our electricity supply is uncertain, as is our water, road markings are disappearing (almost extinct), responses from telephone calls to government are ignored and often non-existent. WTF another "brick in the wall?" If you do get through to government, you can be assured of a dead end. "Ja?". "Hello, Could you put me through to the billing department?" ....beep .... beep ....beep.
- What makes matters worse is that we are being bullied to pay more taxes, and toll fees, and pay, pay, pay. WTF are we paying for? I hate to tell you this we are being asked to pay for the ever-increasing beurcocracy. In other words, we are paying for the government's ever expanding "job creation policy" of employing more and more civil employees (not servants as they used to be). These people have a job. This is the government's way of creating jobs. In this scenario, government will expand and expand, and taxes wil increase and increase, and the whole system will collapse.
We live in a crazy world, and if you abandon your sovereignty to someone "out there" you get what you deserve.
Democracy is not achieved by apathy. Democracy is achieved by direct participation and respect for all. Without participation we will devolve into a mess where people won't know who the hell they are, because they chose the road of non-participation. The world will happen to them, instead of them changing the world. When you choose to not participate, you abdicate your right to self-sovereignty. Wake up and start deciding what you want, and the go out there and get it.
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.