For those who are familiar with the "blue collar" comedian Jeff Foxworthy's running hillbilly jokes, this bit of tongue-in-cheek fun will, hopefully elicit a chuckle or two. For those who are not familiar with him here are a couple of typical Foxworthy "hillbilly" jokes:
"If your front porch collapses and kills more than three dogs - you might be a redneck" (hillbilly)"If you go to family gatherings to meet women - you might be a redneck""If your family tree does not fork - you might be a redneck"
You get the picture.
Now, with that in mind, I thought it might be fun to compose a "You might be too stupid to vote" list. Here are a few that I've come up with so far: (feel free to add more)
1. If you have ever set fire to something that your livelihood depends on (a Train, school, planted field, taxi) to demonstrate some dissatisfaction- you might be too stupid to vote.
2. If you think it's OK to relieve yourself on sidewalks, in full view of passers-by - you might be too stupid to vote
3. If you think that "Pateo" and "Skurumba" can be regarded as Good Music - you might be too stupid to vote.
4. If you think that Robert Mugabe is a great statesman - you might be too stupid to vote.
5. If you have ever defenestrated the remains of your KFC thrift meal (or anything for that matter) from a vehicle because "it creates jobs"- you might not only be too stupid to vote but a healthy dose of autodefenestration is prescribed for you.
6. If you have ever threatened violence or committed violence against someone because they held a different political view from you - you might be too stupid to vote
7. If you think it's OK to snort and sniff loudly in polite society because it's easier than finding some Kleenex and a quiet spot to blow your nose - you might be too stupid to vote
8. If you think that Julius Malema is a hero - you might be too stupid to vote
9. If you think one should speak at four times the required volume in polite society because "then others will know you are not talking about them behind their backs" - you might be too stupid to vote
10. If you think Democracy means that the majority has more rights than the rest - you might be too stupid to vote
I wonder what will happen, at the next elections, if somehow anyone who answers yes to two or more of these questions is struck from the voters list?
Might be interesting...
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.