The administrative incompetence of the ANC has been glaring at us for far too long. South Africans have been left behind.
We see little to no confidence from South Africa for a criminal president who has ministers who collectively shouldn't be left to run a spaza shop. In other words, the ANC executive is so useless, it shouldn't be left with any governance position. Kgalema Motlanthe and other enablers now parade as angels when they let the ANC executive disband the scorpions. We have been left with increasing rates of violent crime in South Africa.
SAPS has been so heavily corrupted and government corruption is so diabolically rampant.
Some Key Points about the Scorpions
- The unit had a conviction rate of between 82% and 94%. In 2002 66 people were arrested. In 2006 this number had climbed to 617. In 2002 180 prosecutions were finalised. In 2006 this was 214. REALLY?
- Most South African polls agreed that the scorpions should be separate from SAPS. REALLY?
- Pro-Zuma forces thought that the Scorpions were being used to fight political opponents of Thabo Mbeki namely Jacob Zuma. We realise now, that JZ783 was actually just a criminal.
- It was officially disbanded late in January 2009 by South African President Kgalema Motlanthe, after coming into conflict with the (then) head of the South African Police Service, Jackie Selebi.
“Where the Scorpions had a conviction rate between 82% and 94%, the Hawks are managing detection rates of around 50% and court ready percentages that are lower. It was a disservice that we did this country when the Scorpions were disbanded,” DA's Diane Kohler Barnard said.
In addition, the DSO has succeeded in forming relations with a broad variety of government departments, private sector bodies and international agencies, such as:
- The Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI);
- The Attorneys General of Switzerland, Mauritius and the Ukraine;
- The police in Hong Kong, Australia, Sweden, Namibia and Mozambique;
- The Serious Organised Crime Agency (UK); and
- The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (Nigeria).
REALLY? The DA is correct in it's analysis of the CRIME that was committed by the ANC to disband the Scorpions.
We have to accelerate our compaign for the Scorpions or something very similar to replace the Hawks. We have seen how easy it is to capture the Hawks. Snail's pace with dealing with corruption and retirement aged Hawks heads who were known to ask one specific question to regional Hawks heads. "Which politicians are you investigating?". Zuma has 783 charges given to him by the Scorpions. How outrageous it is, for a sitting president to have 783 charges pending. John Block has been given a 15 year jail term for only a few charges. Jacob Zuma has 783 charges which could probably give him a few lifetimes in prison. Each charge against Jacob Zuma was formed when the Scorpions had a conviction rate between 82% and 94%.
In the long run, Zuma and his Zupta cronies will go to prison but the poor people of South Africa are going though HELL NOW. Massive unemployment promised to be vanquished by the Zuma SACP backed. If the NPA had actually charged Zuma, we would be in a different position now. "The only conclusion to draw is that the ANC wants to get rid of the DSO to protect prominent members of the ruling party. Besides the seven convicted criminals on the ANC’s National Executive Committee (NEC), six NEC members are currently the subject of ongoing criminal investigations. At least two of these are under investigation by the DSO." REALLY?
The ANC has great people who were mostly thrown out at Polokwane, where all the administrative competence was thrown out for the grossly populist traditional nationalists who can't articulate themselves on race, the economy, gender based violence and LGBTI issues. These idiots should not be allowed to walk outside but they were left with the security and prosperity of our country. By 2009, we were left with crime increasing and lawlessness just being another "South African" thing. We cannot normalize our people being brutalized DAILY by criminals, by police, by politicians, by the economy and by ZUMA.