Bodies exhumed on farm

2015-11-04 12:38
LENTSHA MOLEFE, who is facing six counts of murder, is expected to appear before the Kestell Magistrate’s Court on Wednesday (04/11). Photo: Tladi Moloi

LENTSHA MOLEFE, who is facing six counts of murder, is expected to appear before the Kestell Magistrate’s Court on Wednesday (04/11). Photo: Tladi Moloi

Multimedia   ·   User Galleries   ·   News in Pictures Send us your pictures  ·  Send us your stories

KESTELL. – Four bodies including that of a three-year-old boy were exhumed by a forensic team from Pretoria at the Geduld farm in the district last week.

This came after the two bodies were discovered on 21 October after a foul smell had led farm residents to a shallow grave in the bushes and they alerted the police. Four more bodies were discovered, bringing the total number to six.

A suspected serial killer, Lentsha Molefe (32), was arrested on 26 October at his brother’s place in Carletonville. After his arrest he made a confession and pointed out four graves where he buried bodies and a fifth area where he had alleged to have burnt the body of a 17-year-old girl.

Molefe, who is a Lesotho citizen, is expected to re-appear before the Kestell Magistrate’s Court for a formal bail application after he briefly appeared before the same court on Wednesday (28/10) facing two counts of murder.

He was remanded in custody and also requested a lawyer from Legal Aid South Africa. Lt.Col Thandi Mbambo, Free State provincial spokesperson, said the suspect had already appeared in the Kestell Magistrate’s Court on two counts of murder. She said he would now be charged on six counts of murder.

She said after he had pointed out where he had buried the other victims, the forensic team from Pretoria came to Kestell on Tuesday, 27 October, and resumed digging in the identified areas on Wednesday (28/10) where they discovered the body of a three-year-old boy. The following day a body of a woman was also found.

“On Friday (30/10) two more bodies were exhumed adjacent to one another. The alleged burnt body believed to be of the first victim in 2008, could not be found as years have lapsed since her murder,” she said.

Read more on this story on p 3.

“He will now be charged on six counts of murder.”

Join the conversation!

24.com encourages commentary submitted via MyNews24. Contributions of 200 words or more will be considered for publication.

We reserve editorial discretion to decide what will be published.
Read our comments policy for guidelines on contributions.

Inside News24

 
PARTNER CONTENT
INFOGRAPHIC: New thinking required for retirement

Everything we believe about retirement is fast becoming outdated.

PARTNER CONTENT
WATCH: How education can change a life

A university education gives students the chance to create a better future for themselves, their families and to opportunity achieve their dreams.

/News

Book flights

Compare, Book, Fly

Traffic Alerts
Traffic
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.
 
English
Afrikaans
isiZulu

Hello 

Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.


Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.

Settings

Location Settings

News24 allows you to edit the display of certain components based on a location. If you wish to personalise the page based on your preferences, please select a location for each component and click "Submit" in order for the changes to take affect.




Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.