Couple escapes home fire, dog injured

2015-06-11 06:00

AN elderly couple’s Oslo Beach home was left guttered after a raging fire on Friday morning.

The couple escaped injury but their pet dog had to be transported to a vet for treatment.

The couple was reportedly in the house when the fire started, but managed to safely escape.

Emergency services, including the police, Hibiscus Coast Fire Department and paramedics from KZN Emergency Medical Services responded to the fire.

Fire fighters managed to bring the fire under control however, the fire had caused massive damage to the building.

“Paramedics examined the elderly man, but he decided that he did not wish to go to hospital.

“The family’s dog was injured and was rushed to the vet, where it is receiving treatment,” said KZN EMS spokesperson Rob McKenzie­.

Unconfirmed reports indicate that the fire might have started due to an electrical fault.

- Supplied

Join the conversation! encourages commentary submitted via MyNews24. Contributions of 200 words or more will be considered for publication.

We reserve editorial discretion to decide what will be published.
Read our comments policy for guidelines on contributions.
NEXT ON NEWS24X publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
Comments have been closed for this article.

Inside News24

How much food do you need to concentrate?

We have been taught that we need three meals a day in order to make it through the day and while most of us indulge in more than our fair share there is a large portion of South Africans who are living off barely enough to sustain them.


Book flights

Compare, Book, Fly

Traffic Alerts
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.


Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.

Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire network.


Location Settings

News24 allows you to edit the display of certain components based on a location. If you wish to personalise the page based on your preferences, please select a location for each component and click "Submit" in order for the changes to take affect.

Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.