News24

2 burn to death in Cape Town fire

2011-12-02 09:58

Cape Town - Two men died in a fire that destroyed three shacks in Khayelitsha, outside Cape Town on Friday morning.

City of Cape Town disaster management spokesperson Wilfred Solomons said the fire started at 02:30 at Site C in Gubayo Street.

"The blaze destroyed three shacks, leaving six people displaced. In the fire two adult males were burnt beyond recognition."

The city had arranged humanitarian relief for the families affected by the fire.

Solomons said the cause of the fire was to be determined.

Comments
  • Kevin - 2011-12-18 00:52

    Accidental candle fires can be prevented! Kevin's Kandles provide an innovative concept in safer candles for illumination. These candles are Much Safer than traditional candles, Convenient, Inexpensive and Environmentally Friendly. Ideal for Emergency Preparedness and Poverty Relief. Help reduce the risk of accidental candle fires by visiting www.asafercandle.com

  • Kevin - 2011-12-18 00:53

    Accidental candle fires can be prevented! Kevin's Kandles provide an innovative concept in safer candles for illumination. These candles are Much Safer than traditional candles, Convenient, Inexpensive and Environmentally Friendly. Ideal for Emergency Preparedness and Poverty Relief. Help reduce the risk of accidental candle fires by visiting www.asafercandle.com

  • pages:
  • 1