Aircon blamed for Randburg gas leak
Johannesburg - A gas leak at an office block in Randburg might have originated in the air conditioning system, Johannesburg Emergency Metro Services said on Friday.
About 1 000 people had to be evacuated from the building, which houses JDG Financial Services, Netcare911 spokesperson Jeff Wicks said.
Eight people were injured, five of them seriously.
One of them is still in a critical condition and is getting chest X-rays, said Johannesburg EMS's Synock Matobako.
Hazmat teams checked the air conditioner as the possible source of the leak, and also checked the server room.
- Are you there? Send us your eyewitness accounts and photos.