Alleged Limpopo serial rapist in court
Polokwane - An alleged serial rapist appeared in the Modimolle Magistrate's Court in Limpopo on Monday.
The trial was postponed until March 5 for an identity parade to be held.
A 19-year-old man appeared alongside the alleged rapist in connection with one of the charges. He was arrested on Friday.
Both men, who cannot be named, would remain in custody.
The 32-year-old father of two was arrested on February 17 in Phakgameng, near Modimolle, after DNA profiling linked him to four rape cases, Brigadier Hangwani Mulaudzi said last week.
Mulaudzi said the man could be linked to as many as 100 cases and had been under investigation since October, when he was arrested for allegedly raping a 17-year-old girl.
The case was withdrawn because of insufficient evidence, but DNA results connected the man to four other cases, he said.
A serial rapist has been active in Modinolle since 2009 and follows women from work or from shebeens.