Babies rescued from Port Elizabeth hospital fire
Johannesburg - Fifty-three premature babies were evacuated from the Dora Nginza hospital in Port Elizabeth after a fire broke out in their ward on Friday, SABC radio news reported.
Eastern Cape health spokesperson Sizwe Kupelo said the fire was caused by an electrical fault.
"All babies including their mothers are safe. The hospital will continue to provide care for the babies."
He said the local municipality as well as electricians and firefighters were investigating the fire.