News24

Boiling water burns KZN child

2012-07-05 18:22

Johannesburg - A 6-year-old boy sustained serious burns to his body on Thursday at his residence in Umgababa, KwaZulu-Natal, paramedics said.

This was after boiling water spilled on his chest and abdomen, Netcare 911 spokesperson Chris Botha said.

"Reports indicate that the child was trying to bath himself and spilled the water over his body," he said.

He was raced to a nearby clinic by his mother where paramedics were asked for assistance.

"The boy was stabilised and transported to the Netcare Kingsway Hospital for the care that he required," said Botha.