News24

Cape Town vigilante case postponed

2012-03-29 12:43

Cape Town - The case of four men accused of killing a youth has been postponed in the Khayelitsha Magistrate's Court, the Cape Times reported on Thursday.

Pule Hendricks, 29, Mziyanda Mqumbisa, 22, Mzwanele Mvabasa, 47, and Bongile Gongxeka, 25, appeared on Wednesday. Their case was postponed to April 4.

They stand accused of killing Thabo Mzileni, 19, in a vigilante attack in Sihle Street, D-Block, Lingelethu West, on Saturday.

His feet had been tied and a concrete drain cover and a tyre were on his chest. His family identified his body on Monday.

According to the charge sheet, the four killed him after they accused him of robbing a woman.

The woman apparently told the accused Mzileni had not robbed her. Magistrate Moegamat Cassiem ordered that the four remain in custody.

Comments
  • Jayson - 2012-03-29 14:32

    I don't get it. The woman told these thugs, that Mzileni didn't rob her. Why did they still kill him????? Hope these thugs rot in jail. Sorry to Mzileni family for there loss.

      Thandekile Pokolo - 2012-03-29 14:38

      sorry for mzilenis family za justice plz u must lock them i think also they are the skelem they use to kill innocent ppl .

  • pages:
  • 1