News24

Cape Town vigilante case postponed

2012-04-05 09:25

Cape Town - The case of five men accused of killing a youth has been postponed by the Khayelitsha Magistrate's Court, the Cape Times reported on Thursday.

Pule Hendricks, 29, Mziyanda Mqumbisa, 22, Mzwanele Mvabasa, 47, Bongile Gongxeka, 25, and Sibongile James, 22, appeared on Wednesday.

Their case was postponed to May 8 for formal bail applications.

They stand accused of killing Thabo Mzileni, 19, in a vigilante attack in Sihle street, D-Block, Lingelethu West, on March 24.

His feet had been tied and a concrete drain cover and a tyre were on his chest.

According to the report, the charge sheet claims the men accused Mzileni of robbing a woman. The woman apparently told them the teenager had not robbed her.

The State intended to oppose bail.

Comments
  • Sharon - 2012-04-05 09:39

    But the woman said it was not him! And they still killed him? There is no place for mob justice in a civilised society. He died for no reason...

      nsda29 - 2012-04-05 11:02

      It will be nice if all Khayelitsha residents, in fact all vigilante wannabes, can learn from this. Mob justice is evil, they just act, they dont ask any questions!

  • pages:
  • 1