Chanelle's ex not arrested - cops
Johannesburg - The ex-husband of Chanelle Henning had not been arrested by Thursday morning, Gauteng police said.
"Nico Henning has not been arrested, I can't say more than that," said Lieutenant Colonel Katlego Mogale.
Police questioned Henning shortly after his estranged wife was killed in a drive-by shooting in Faerie Glen on November 8, but he was released without charge.
Mogale said she was not at liberty to say whether there were plans to arrest Henning.
On Wednesday, she confirmed that police were following up on information after it emerged in court that he was a suspect.
'Mastermind' still at large
Police interest in Henning was renewed on Tuesday when investigating officer Captain Petrus van der Spuy testified in Pretoria Regional Court that "the mastermind" of the murder was still at large.
He did not provide the name of the person suspected of orchestrating the crime, but referred to calls made from Henning's phone to murder-accused Andre Gouws.
According to evidence heard in court earlier during the trial of former policeman Gerhardus du Plessis and Willem Martinus Pieterse, "a caller" had instructed Gouws to postpone the hit because "the bitch had the baby this weekend".
The couple had previously been embroiled in a custody dispute over their 5-year-old son. Chanelle won.
Gouws, Pieterse, du Plessis, Ambrose Monye and Preshan Singh were arrested in November.
Gouws's bail application hearing was adjourned to January 24, while former Nigerian Olympic athlete, Monye, abandoned his bail application.
Monye was scheduled to appear in court again on February 16 with Singh, whose R5 000 bail was extended on Tuesday.
Du Plessis and Pieterse were convicted on December 14 and were sentenced to 18 years' imprisonment each, in a plea bargain.
They pleaded guilty to the murder, possession of an unlicensed firearm, and illegal possession of ammunition.