Complaint to be lodged over food poisoning
Johannesburg - A total of 151 people were treated for food poisoning in Cape Town over the weekend, the city's Disaster Risk Management Centre said on Monday.
Residents of Lwandle became ill after eating expired food that had been dumped, spokesperson Wilfred Solomons-Johannes said.
After an initial investigation, authorities found the items came from the Simply Value Factory Food shop.
A complaint was expected to be lodged with the city's health department as the expired items should have been disposed at a proper dump site.
Health inspectors had taken samples of the food for testing.
Shop manager Santa Kotze was not immediately available for comment.