News24

Concern over 2010 broadcasting

2009-12-16 13:12

Johannesburg - Incoming SABC chief executive officer Solly Mokoetle expressed concern over the company's readiness regarding broadcasting requirements for next year's Fifa World Cup, in a brief interview on SAFM on Wednesday.

"I'm a little bit worried myself about my ability to delivery that," he said in a news item.

He said that earlier in the day he had been scheduled to speak on one of the company's radio stations and was privy to some technical difficulties linking SAFM with Lesedi.

Mokoetle, a former Telkom Media chief content officer, will start on January 1.

He was the public broadcaster's chief operations officer between 2001 and December 2006.

His five-year contract followed a R11m settlement by the broadcaster to former CEO Dali Mpofu in August.