Disabled man dies in fire

2011-11-20 13:03

Johannesburg - North West police said on Sunday that a disabled man had died after his room caught alight.

Spokesperson Adele Myburgh said that the 67-year-old man died after his room caught fire in Mmanthe Village in Taung.

A fellow tenant in the house noticed that the room was burning and called emergency services.

The police were called by the fire and emergency services after they extinguished the fire, but the man could not be helped.

It is suspected that the fire was caused by a falling candle.

Read more on:    police  |  mahikeng  |  fires


Read News24’s Comments Policy

24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
Add your comment
Comment 0 characters remaining

Inside News24

Traffic Alerts

If you need to initiate a plan of action or network some important information, do it in the morning while the Moon is still in...read more

There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.


Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.

Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.


Location Settings

News24 allows you to edit the display of certain components based on a location. If you wish to personalise the page based on your preferences, please select a location for each component and click "Submit" in order for the changes to take affect.

Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.