Electrician's repair job fatal
Pietermaritzburg - A Pietermaritzburg electrician was electrocuted while fixing power on a high power line, Netcare spokesperson Chris Botha said on Wednesday.
"A 30-year-old man died when he was electrocuted while working on high power line in Pietermaritzburg's Northdale area at roundabout 07:00 today. He died on scene. He was already dead when paramedics arrived," said Botha.
Botha said paramedics had to use special gear to remove the man as he was trapped high up in the pole.
"We have been told that the man was working for Umsunduzi Municipality. It is not known how he got electrocuted as he was using necessary equipment," he said.