News24

Fire at Johannesburg newspaper's office

2012-04-03 09:03

Johannesburg - A fire broke out at The Star newspaper's head office in the Johannesburg CBD on Tuesday morning, emergency services said.

The fire, which was caused by an electrical fault, ignited in two offices in the building around 06:00, said spokesperson Robert Mulaudzi.

He said no one was injured and only paperwork had been damaged.

By 07:30 the fire was under control and firefighters were damping down and ventilating the evacuated building, said Mulaudzi.

- Were you there? Send us your eyewitness accounts

Comments
  • stoute.babuseng - 2012-04-03 09:16

    Hmmm this is a sign of what will happen if the secrecy bill is passed lol kidding

      Squeegee - 2012-04-03 09:50

      Even the staff think the paper sucks...

      Eric - 2012-04-03 10:44

      Maybe the fire was intended for the building across the street? LOL!

  • Jacob Zooma - 2012-04-03 10:26

    At one point you can't believe

  • CharlesDumbwin - 2012-04-03 10:55

    HOT OFF THE PRESS !!!

  • Thabo - 2012-04-03 11:37

    M so sorry & sending my condolenses 2 my favorite press this shows exactly that There's still scarcity of electrical engineers mo msanzi & m pleading young generations 2 whach the space...

      Klaus - 2012-04-06 00:34

      WHAT.........???

  • pages:
  • 1