News24

Fire damages Tshwane mayor's house

2012-07-29 16:34

Johannesburg - A fire broke out at the home of Tshwane mayor Kgosientso Ramokgopa on Sunday morning, resulting in minor damage, the city said.

Security guards extinguished the fire after seeing smoke coming from the television room, said mayoral spokesperson Pieter de Necker.

"Nobody was injured and the fire service was on the scene," he said.

The mayor was at home at the time.

De Necker said the fire might have been caused by a faulty gas heater.

No foul play was suspected.

Comments
  • thebe.tau - 2012-07-29 17:15

    Too many flamable political gifts stacked up in one room, shouldn't have excepted the fireworks from the chinese.

      jack.milosevic - 2012-07-29 17:41

      "No foul play was suspected". no only stupidity.

      fussed.anderson - 2012-07-30 16:13

      Only KFC

  • Henk - 2012-07-29 17:43

    Just wait for the repair bill, it is going to be millions to refurbish this house....

      Erna - 2012-07-29 18:01

      Took the words the words right off my keyboard.

      ria.duplessisstoddart - 2012-07-29 19:00

      Yes, the 100cm tv got damaged, the Persian carpets ware burnt beyond recognition, the gold Madiba head statue melted and dissipated, the Prince Albert dinner service cracked etc etc etc.

      liana.loots - 2012-07-29 21:06

      and dont forget he will get a new merc and a wall around his property as well

  • braamc - 2012-07-29 17:59

    Unfortunately only the west wing of the mansion was damaged. Pitty

  • patricia.dewet.92 - 2012-07-29 18:09

    Hope he is also going to pay for call out of the fire service, because that is the latest in Pretoria. We pay their salaries and now we also have to pay for the service.

  • Tiaan Liebenberg - 2012-07-29 18:19

    He surely doesn't need to make a fire in the middle of the living room floor . .

  • glencoe.maseko - 2012-07-29 18:32

    This was Planned....so he can renovate his house

  • ria.duplessisstoddart - 2012-07-29 18:58

    who kicked the tombola over?

  • patrick.saunders123 - 2012-07-29 19:35

    blame apartheid.

      Oom Kosie - 2012-07-29 22:07

      No the ghost of Verwoerd!

  • pws69 - 2012-07-29 19:47

    "No foul play was suspected." Damn, so the chickens haven't come home to roost yet for this deployed cadre.

  • tony.naidoo - 2012-07-30 09:21

    Ag shame. It's really sad that he was able to get out!

  • pages:
  • 1