Fourways karate coach case delayed
Johannesburg - The case against a 68-year-old karate coach who faces charges of sexually assaulting his students was postponed in the Randburg Magistrate's Court on Friday.
It was postponed to February 10 for his bail application.
"We intend bringing a bail application on new facts. We've been given dockets and depending on what's in the dockets we'll decide next week whether to proceed or not," said his lawyer, Jacques Van Heerden.
The frail-looking coach, wearing a grey T-shirt and army-green pants, briefly appeared in court.
He is accused of inappropriately touching 11 of his students and former students.
The dojo owner, who cannot be named until he has pleaded, was arrested in November last year after four of his students opened cases at the Douglasdale police station.
He has been in custody for three months.
Van Heerden said the case was ready for transfer to the special sexual offences court at the Alexandra Magistrate's Court.