News24

Gauteng poisoning case delayed

2012-02-10 20:00

Johannesburg - The case against a 13-year-old Soweto boy accused of poisoning his mother was postponed in the Protea Magistrate's Court on Friday, Gauteng police said.

The matter was postponed to February 16 for further investigations, Warrant Officer Kay Makhubela said.

The boy allegedly stole R700 from his parents last week. While searching for the money his parents found rat poison in his possession.

Later that evening his mother fell ill after drinking tea. She was hospitalised in a critical condition.

The boy apparently confessed to his father that he had poisoned the tea, and was arrested. The mother recovered.

Comments
  • Johan - 2012-02-11 07:35

    Savages!

  • John - 2012-02-11 09:19

    Fellow Compatriots, "...We decline a serious crime by 5 % this year" Probably as non-reported and/or dismissed.

  • pages:
  • 1