Guards back at Gauteng hospitals
Johannesburg - Security personnel have returned to work at two Gauteng hospitals after a labour dispute, the health department said on Monday.
"I can assure the communities that security personnel at Dr George Mukhari and Bertha Gxowa hospitals is now functioning," spokesperson Simon Zwane said in a statement. The guards at these hospitals were embroiled in a dispute with their employers over bonuses and salary payments last week.
Zwane could not immediately reveal if the dispute had been resolved.
He said the department was committed to paying service providers and payments were improving.
"The department has brought relief to different service providers by paying out over R600m this month.
"We will work with the provincial treasury and try to pay even more service providers in the near future," he said.