Initiation claims probed at KZN school
Durban - Claims are being probed that two pupils were forced to eat baby food that had been spat on in an initiation into a KwaZulu-Natal school netball team, a provincial education official said on Monday.
This apparently happened on Thursday at Ferrum High School in Newcastle, education department spokesperson Sihle Mlotshwa said.
Officials arrived at the school on Monday to investigate. They were expected to report back to the department on Tuesday.
Mlotshwa said four people, believed to be parents, blew vuvuzelas in a protest outside the school on Monday.