Kebble killer implicated in crime spree
Johannesburg - Mining magnate Brett Kebble's self-confessed killer Mikey Schultz has allegedly embarked on crime spree at entertainment venues across Johannesburg, The Saturday Star reported.
Various police and security sources, who spoke to the newspaper on condition of anonymity confirmed that Schultz was being investigated for crimes that took place last year.
These include the extortion of Sandton residents, alleged attacks and intimidation of male patrons at entertainment venues in Bedfordview and allegedly pointing a gun at one of Czech fugitive Radovan Krejcir's employees at a nightclub in Boksburg.
Police spokesperson Lt-Col Tshisikhawe Ndou told the newspaper that the former Hell's Angel and Elite security services kingpin was being investigated by the Hawks after he was arrested for assaulting Ashraf Cajee at the Taboo nightclub in Sandton last year.
He said Schultz had been released on a warning in the case, and has appeared in court several times.
Schultz's trial is scheduled to start in the Randburg Magistrate's Court on Wednesday.
Hawks spokesperson McIntosh Polela confirmed that different charges of assault against Schultz were being investigated.
Schultz confessed to shooting and killing Kebble in September 2005. He and his two accomplices, Nigel McGurk and Fiazel Smith were given immunity from prosecution in exchange for testifying against Glenn Agliotti, the man who allegedly masterminded Kebble's murder.
Agliotti was eventually acquitted.