Krejcir kept at undisclosed location
Johannesburg - Czech fugitive Radovan Krejcir, who handed himself over to
police early on Friday, is being kept at an undisclosed location for his own
safety, the Hawks said.
"The Hawks shall not reveal where Mr Krejcir is being kept, [and] the
issue of his court appearance will come about as the day progresses. He will be
charged with fraud," spokesperson McIntosh Polela said.
"Krejcir's days on the run are over...Krejcir played a cat and mouse
game with law enforcement agencies. He made several appointments promising to
hand himself over but repeatedly failed to do so," he said.
The 42-year-old was being questioned on the death of underworld boss Cyril
Beeka, who was gunned down in a drive-by shooting in Cape Town earlier this
A hit list was found during a raid at Krejcir's house in Bedforview on
Tuesday night. It included the names of Beeka, security consultant Paul
O'Sullivan and a state prosecutor. Beeka was allegedly at the top of the list.
Krejcir was not at home during the raid. His fraud charges relate to the
R4.5m claim he allegedly made to an insurance company, after managing to obtain
medical papers saying he had cancer.
Since the raid, the Hawks had urged Krejcir to hand himself over, adding
that it was in his best interests to do so, Polela said.
On Wednesday, the SA Revenue Service (Sars) confiscated a Lamborghini and
Ferrari belonging to Krejcir.
"It was part of efforts by the state and law enforcement agencies
involved in this case to secure assets and prevent assets from being dissipated
while investigations continue," said SARS spokesperson Adrian Lackay.