Limpopo attacker still at large
Johannesburg - The search was still continuing on Friday afternoon for a 51-year-old man wanted for an attack on his estranged wife and the murder of her son, Limpopo police said
Beeld named the man as Johan Kotze.
"He is still at large, nothing new has come forward," Brigadier Hangwani Mulaudzi said.
He said the man was no longer in Limpopo, but that police were closing in on him.
"We are dealing with an intelligent man, he is evasive. He is not in Limpopo, but we are closing his space bit by bit and we will grab him.
"We have beefed up the team of detectives and trackers. We are working together with the Hawks and I am confident he will be arrested." Mulaudzi said there were reasons to suspect someone was tipping him off about the police's efforts.
"He dismissed reports that he had been seen in Kimberley in the Northern Cape.
The man, whose identity document indicates he was born in Namibia, allegedly forced three men, believed to be his workers, at gunpoint to gang-rape his estranged wife and mutilated her in his home in Modimolle on Tuesday.
He then lured his 19-year-old stepson to his house and shot him dead when he arrived.
Beeld newspaper reported on Friday that the 19-year-old university student had repeatedly pleaded with the man not to shoot him. He was shot in the chest and head.
The man fled in his white Toyota Fortuner, registration number DCS 392 FS. The three workers ran away and their whereabouts were unknown.
Mulaudzi said the woman was taken to hospital for observation on Thursday.
"We took her to hospital. She was not feeling well and we hope she will be discharged today [Friday]."