News24

Limpopo murder accused drops bail bid

2012-03-26 16:09

Johannesburg - The suspected leader of a gang thought to target young lovers, abandoned an application for bail in the Mankweng Magistrate's Court on Monday, Limpopo police said.

Constable Moses Molepo said David Mabeba was accused of murdering four men on a mountain in Nobody village. The case against him was postponed until May 19 for trial.

Molepo said four women had also been raped on the mountain and couples had been robbed of cellphones and money.

In one incident, a vehicle was set alight, he said.