Limpopo rape accused abandons bail bid
Johannesburg - A 25-year-old alleged rapist abandoned his bail application in the Mankweng Magistrate's Court on Thursday, Limpopo police said.
Constable Moses Molepo said the matter was postponed to June 1 for further investigation.
Mondi Maloka was accused of raping three pensioners at Thune village in the Ga-Mamabolo area.
He allegedly raped a 60-year-old woman in May last year, after breaking into the house through a window.
He was arrested and later granted bail. While out on bail he allegedly raped a 65-year-old woman in her home. On March 11, he broke into the house of 93-year-old woman and allegedly raped her too.