Limpopo six appear for murder plot
Johannesburg - The case against six Limpopo men charged with conspiring to kill a community leader in Swale village, was postponed by the Burgersfort Magistrate's Court on Monday.
Businessman Philemon Tebele, 51, his three sons and two employees remain in custody until their next appearance on February 6.
Last year, local residents accused Tebele of committing a ritual murder.
A local community leader apparently accused him of the crime, resulting in residents resorting to violence.
"The community attacked the businessman after [he] was alleged to have been the last to person to be seen with the victim," Limpopo police spokesperson Brigadier Hangwani Mulaudzi said on Sunday.
"His house was burnt and one of his shops was also pelted with stones."
Mulaudzi said police received a tip-off about the suspected plot and sent officers to investigate.
The six were arrested after a police officer posed as potential hitman and was given a gun and R2 000.