Modimolle victim under police guard
Johannesburg - The woman subjected to a brutal attack in Modimolle, during which she was gang-raped and tortured, has been discharged from hospital, SABC News reports.
She'd been admitted to a Pretoria hospital after the attack last week and, Beeld newspaper reported, had undergone surgery.
The police told the SABC that the woman was in a safe house, where she is recovering under police guard.
She'd said on Monday that she was scared that the prime suspect, Johan Kotzé, would hunt her down and kill her.
Kotzé is said to have forced three workers at gunpoint to rape the woman.
He is also on the run for allegedly killing his 19-year-old stepson, Conrad Bonnette.
Police meanwhile have called on the three alleged attackers to come forward and help with the investigation.
Anyone with information can call Colonel Mabisela Mohale at 082 565 8606l.