More abuse claims against karate coach
Johannesburg - More claims are expected to be made against a karate coach accused of molesting students at a dojo in Douglasdale, Johannesburg, the Randburg Magistrate's Court heard on Tuesday.
This was according to testimony in a bail application by the coach, who may not be named until he has pleaded.
Warrant Officer Joel Ngobeni told the court three more students had claimed that the instructor molested them.
Ngobeni said the three approached him on Monday. He would take their statements on Tuesday night.
The 68-year-old instructor is accused of sexually assaulting nine of his students, aged between 8 and 34.
They claim the coach fondled their breasts and placed his hands on their private parts.
Ngobeni could not confirm whether the karate coach had been convicted of other crimes.