Mpuma man to appear for teen's kidnapping
Johannesburg - A 36-year-old man accused of kidnapping a 13-year-old girl will appear in the Ermelo Magistrate's Court on Thursday, Mpumalanga police said.
Colonel Leonard Hlathi said on Wednesday that the man would face charges of abduction, sexual grooming, contravention of a court order and possession of an unlicenced firearm and ammunition.
He said the man was accused of kidnapping a 13-year-old girl on March 28, at the JJ van der Merwe Primary School in Ermelo.
A search for the girl led to his arrest at Marloth Park in Komatipoort.
Hlathi said the firearm confiscated from the man had been sent for ballistics testing.