News24

NPA settles Molelle dispute

2011-09-14 20:08

Johannesburg - Suspended KwaZulu-Natal asset forfeiture unit (AFU) head Knorx Molelle will resume his duties, the National Prosecuting Authority said on Wednesday.

In a statement the NPA said it reached an out-of-court settlement with Molelle at the Labour Court earlier on Wednesday.

He was suspended from the AFU, a division of the national director of public prosecutions, in August after allegations of misconduct and dishonesty.

"The terms of the settlement are that his suspension is lifted and he will now be able to exercise his delegation in asset forfeiture proceedings."

However, investigations into allegations against him were still underway, and he had been ordered not to interfere with it or any witnesses.

It had been reported that Molelle stood accused of implicating NPA boss Menzi Simelane in misconduct, as well as seizing hundreds of millions of rands of ill-gotten gains in high-profile cases involving politicians.

The NPA said Molelle was on leave, and expected to return to work on October 3.

"The settlement is informed by the NPA's desire to focus on the internal processes that are unfolding and to ensure the interests of both parties are safeguarded."

Comments
  • gatvol4corru - 2011-09-14 20:50

    when will action be taken? The only action the ANC knows,is golden handshakes and jobs for corrupt,incompetent cadres

  • Jimbod - 2011-09-14 20:57

    You have to believe that Similane got the job under dubious circumstance and that his pay back to the Political Bosses that put him there, was the removal of Molelle and so the cover up of ill-gotten gains. Is there another conclusion ?

  • Vernon - 2011-09-14 21:17

    baaannnnaaaannnnaaaa!

  • anticrime - 2011-09-14 21:19

    good

  • pages:
  • 1