News24

Plan in place after Cape Town depot fire

2012-01-06 10:00

Cape Town - The City of Cape Town has contingency plans in place after a fire destroyed seven refuse compactor trucks, the city said on Thursday.

"The solid waste management department's contingency plan is already in place in order to minimise the extent of the interruption to refuse removal services in the affected areas," said spokesperson Tseko Magubane.

He said the depot had been temporarily closed, while the cause of the fire was being investigated.

Comments
  • Newsmonger - 2012-01-06 10:56

    See ANC this is how it is done....back up plans!Now go spend our 400million on chicken and bananas.eish gravvvy!

  • pages:
  • 1