News24

Right-wing leader warns of bloodshed

2011-03-31 09:44

Kimberley - Former AWB leader André Visagie said that due to an increase in farm murders, the "ANC should take what is coming their way".

Visagie, leader of the Geloftevolk republicans, was speaking shortly after appearing at Kimberley Magistrate’s Court on Wednesday, on charges of unlawful firearms and ammunition possession.

The right-wing leader also mentioned "revenge attacks".

Visagie was released on bail of R10 000 after being arrested at his home on Tuesday. His home in Heuwelsig was searched by several police units.

According to national police spokesperson Colonel Vushnu Naidoo, police seized 14 suspected stolen cellphones, two laptops, one personal computer, about 650 rounds of ammunition of various calibres, five homemade shotguns, one unlicensed 9mm pistol, one cellphone modified in such a way that it could be used as a remotely activated detonator for an improvised explosive device, several samples of possible explosives, gunpowder and a number of documents.

Revenge attacks

In a statement released on Wednesday by the office of the Geloftevolk republicans, sent by Visagie via email, he said the organisation warned last year if farm murders didn't decrease, his leaders would not dissuade members from taking revenge attacks.

"There were warnings recently by the leader of the Lion brigade (Leeubrigade) that a second Blood River was on its way and is being ignored by government. Therefore the ANC has to take what is coming their way," read the statement.

The Lion brigade is another right-wing organisation, which warned in a video on the newspaper Sondag's website that blood would flow.

Visagie was released on condition that he reported every Monday at the Kimberley police station. He was also not allowed to leave the Kimberley and Jacobsdal districts without permission from the investigating officer.

Magistrate Lunga Mbetane postponed the matter to May 20. The prosecutor was advocate Sean Abrahams of the National Prosecuting Authority. Visagie was represented by advocate Sakkie Nel.

Visagie made news last year when he appeared on e.tv's Africa 360 programme and stormed out during a debate with political commentator Lebohang Pheko.

 

Comments
  • Madelane - 2011-03-31 13:36

    These utterances are as weak minded, pathetic and dangerous as his black counterpart Julius.....we as South Africans really need to rid ourselves of these truly stupid people.

      alansmartSnr - 2011-11-20 02:10

      Dangerous..yes, very dangerous. Stupid.. No. You just dont know of the da expertise and skills they got in the SADF when it had real soldiers.

  • BizScene - 2011-05-21 09:51

    The white Malema....

      Dave - 2012-03-23 03:09

      Yes exactly. Both are idiots fixed on making trouble, but neither one of them coming up with workable solutions.

  • Kev - 2011-09-09 14:58

    Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. The laws of nature dictate that this would happen to balance out the ANCYL

  • Bryan - 2012-02-01 11:54

    Yeah, the only difference between Visage and Malema is he doesnt have the majority of the countries population behind him. If these guys start something you can bet whether you follow them or not, malemas group will kill whites regardless. So take your pick, arm up or leave. Its a sad situation.

      Dave - 2012-03-23 03:22

      Bryan to a point you are correct...anything is possible in Africa. But historically there have been very few and small situations that involved blacks going on the rampage against whites. Yes sadly it has happened against each other though. Even the most uneducated persons know that if this happened the whole European might will come down on them and it will take generations if ever for them to recover. Just look how the world feels about Mugabe and Zim. That’s just because of his land reform and some stupid policies… can you imagine them sitting by while we are being killed. I think not, it will also give them a good excuse to sort things out here and gain control.

  • thomas.makgale - 2012-02-02 13:42

    @alansmartSnr, do you think the SANDF will just fold their arms and look away, yes they have aquired skills from the old SADF, What happened at the Bophuthatswana when Terreblance,s guys were slained, where was the SADF skills when they have been real soldiers?

  • Patrick - 2012-03-22 13:42

    The ANC has compromised the black liberation at the CODESA talks.Ultimately the oppressor became the winner and the ANC is governing ta the oppressor's terms.The struggle for liberation culminated with the oppressor heaping praises on the oppressed.The victims even set up the TRC to beg for forgiveness from the oppressor.Now we must realize that there is no such a thing as a negotiated settlement.Liberation is obtained through victory on the battle ground,and not in an airconditioned negotiating.The coward ANC capitulated humbly begged for permission to govern from the white government.It is time the issue of really is in control of the this country is settled.Victory is never negotiated.

      Dave - 2012-03-23 03:41

      Ok, while I am at it let's see if I understand your post Patrick. Discussing a compromise between two parties to avert bloodshed and destruction is cowardice???!.... But instead we must all head to the battle ground, (Our cities, towns and homes) and kill each other till one side stands victorious among the dead and destroyed country. Tell me Patrick where you born this way or did you fall on your head as a child?

  • Dave - 2012-03-23 00:48

    Ok, the time is now gone, if they wanted to fight it should have happened when still in control of the SADF. But no, a peaceful transition was chosen and that's where we are now. All this talk of war is pathetic they wouldn't stand a chance. Yes the option would be to adopt the ANC's approach of terrorism....which was affective at the time in gaining control over South Africa. However all the right wingers will achieve is bringing SA down and making it worse for everyone. It's time for all politicians that preach violence to be done away with. We need people to come up with real solutions to problem we face in SA and work together to achieve common goals. We need to look to the future and stop going on and on about the past. This is a new SA and the world is watching, let's stop making fools of ourselves and shooting ourselves in the foot.

      Gofuq - 2012-03-23 11:22

      you are an idiot.by the time europe "decides"to help,you will be dead.weapons are stashed all over s.a for white ex sadf,willing to protect our loved ones and property.

  • Dave - 2012-03-24 01:08

    @ Gofug. I was part of the old SADF and old is exactly what we are becoming. Continue living in your little world, but trust me compromising and debate is the only option for the well being of all SA's. Yes if my life and that of my family was in danger, I will not just sit and pray! But war is for idiots that can't talk and use their mind to find solutions.

  • pages:
  • 1