News24

Roux Shabangu gets court order

2012-08-08 13:03

Johannesburg - A former business partner of property tycoon Roux Shabangu has obtained an order in the North Gauteng High Court preventing Shabangu from threatening, assaulting or contacting him, it was reported on Wednesday.

Japie van Niekerk's urgent application was heard on Tuesday. Shabangu did not defend it, The Star reported.

According to the newspaper, Van Niekerk apparently received an SMS from Shabangu a week ago in which Shabangu declared war on him.

Van Niekerk reportedly claimed that his life and those of his family had been threatened by Shabangu, who is at the centre of the multi-million rand police lease scandal.

At a media briefing in Irene, Shabangu said the SMS had been sent "in a moment of anger".

"It was a very heated moment and I was pushed to the verge," he told reporters.

He said spelling errors in his message bore testimony to how angry he had been at the time.
He said Van Niekerk and his family had nothing to fear from him.

Comments
  • zimbobwe.mugabe - 2012-08-08 14:26

    Mr va Niekerk remember this guy is friends with cowboy Bheki"Aim at the head" Cele. Make sure you sleep with head protective gear!!!

      firstseed.mbeva.9 - 2012-08-08 16:47

      So "Shoot to Kill" continues?

  • pages:
  • 1