Snatcher dad case on hold

2012-12-10 22:17
(Picture: <a href=\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\


Multimedia   ·   User Galleries   ·   News in Pictures Send us your pictures  ·  Send us your stories

Johannesburg - The case against a father who allegedly kidnapped his daughter at the Waterkloof Primary School last week was postponed by the Pretoria Magistrate's Court on Monday, police said.

Warrant Officer Annabel Middleton said Ray Pahlo, 42, and five of his co-accused would appear again on Friday.

He was charged with contempt of court as he had apparently breached a High Court order prohibiting him from taking the child from her foster family.

Middleton said Pahlo now also faced a charge of child-abuse as the child had sustained emotional trauma in the incident.

His five co-accused faced charges of conspiring to commit a crime, child-abuse, and the initial charge of kidnapping.

Pahlo allegedly snatched his 7-year-old daughter at the school last Wednesday.

She was found with her father and a female accomplice at a Lydenburg guest-house on Thursday.

Middleton said the girl had been snatched when her foster mother was dropping her off at school.

Four men, aged between 21 and 25, pretending to be police officers, approached the woman, forced her from her car, and tried to tie her up.

Pahlo emerged and apparently grabbed the girl and sped off.

The girl was not harmed, but police said she had been traumatised by the incident.

Join the conversation! encourages commentary submitted via MyNews24. Contributions of 200 words or more will be considered for publication.

We reserve editorial discretion to decide what will be published.
Read our comments policy for guidelines on contributions.
Read more on:    johannesburg  |  abductions
NEXT ON NEWS24X publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
Comments have been closed for this article.

Inside News24


Rugby World Cup 2015

All the action from the 2015 RWC, including live coverage of all 48 matches, breaking news, fixtures, results, logs - and much more!


Rugby World Cup 2015

Lood leads heavy Bok assault
Hosts England crash out of RWC
Cotter takes loss on the chin
'Basic' Bok plan worked well
Traffic Alerts

Spontaneity is the order of the day. Let go and have some fun. Try not to set too many set plans and expectations and enjoy more

There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.


Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.

Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire network.


Location Settings

News24 allows you to edit the display of certain components based on a location. If you wish to personalise the page based on your preferences, please select a location for each component and click "Submit" in order for the changes to take affect.

Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.