News24

Teen killed after drinking spree - case on hold

2012-01-10 16:46

Johannesburg - The case against two men and a minor accused of murdering a 17-year-old youth at a tavern was postponed by the Thaba 'Nchu Magistrate's Court on Tuesday, Free State police said.

"The case has been postponed until January 12 for an application for legal aid," said Constable Consolation Mokoale.

The three are accused of killing the teenager on New Year's Day after a drinking binge.

Mokoale said Ndoisele van Wyk, 19, and Moiloa Seetshiro, 22, had asked for legal aid. Their 17-year-old co-accused, who also faces a charge of rape, had declined.

"On their way back from committing the murder he managed to rape a 16-year-old girl," said Mokoale.

He was expected to appear in the Thaba 'Nchu Magistrate's Court on that charge on Wednesday.

Earlier this year, police had to fire stun grenades into a crowd that set fire to a tavern and two shacks in a protest over the murder.

Comments
  • Kevin - 2012-01-10 17:30

    WTF: "On their way back from committing the murder he managed to rape a 16-year-old girl," said Mokoale.

  • jody.beggs - 2012-01-10 17:31

    And crime is apparently under control ! Yeah right ?

      jody.beggs - 2012-01-10 18:14

      Wonder if their out on bail ? Wouldn't surprise me!

  • Soozee - 2012-01-19 13:51

    There is seriously something wrong with this country in the way of law and order. Is this dude even in jail? Crying out loud, SAPS = nimrods

  • pages:
  • 1