ANC reshuffles parliamentary leadership
Cape Town - The ANC announced a reshuffle of its leadership in Parliament on Thursday.
Deputy secretary general Thandi Modise said the "realignment" was consistent with its "ongoing endeavour" to the strengthen the party's "movement" in Parliament.
"We stressed that this activist Parliament will require men and women of outstanding pedigree who will selflessly submit themselves to the service of the nation," Modise said.
The new heads of portfolio committees are:
- defence and military veterans; Malusi Motimele.
- higher education; Ishmael Malale.
- home affairs; Maggy Maunye.
- basic education; Hope Malgas.
- labour; Mamagase Nchabeleng.
- public enterprise; Peter Maluleke.
- public works; Catherine Mabuza.
- water and environment; Johnny De Lange.
- international relations and co-operation; Hargreaves Magama.
- communications; Eric Kholwane.
- arts and culture; Thandile Sunduza.
- justice; Luwellyn Landers.
- energy; Sisa Njikelana.
- joint standing committee on defence; Jerome Maake.
- women, children and people with disabilities; Dorothy Ramodibe.
- chair of caucus; Jerry Thibedi.
- house chairs, Cedric Frolick and Fatima Hajaig.