ANCYL will not apologise, says Malema
Johannesburg - ANC Youth League president Julius Malema faces the next round of disciplinary hearings at an undisclosed location on Sunday.
On Saturday Malema said the league would not apologise for the circumstances that led to its leadership facing disciplinary charges.
"The crime we have committed is reminding people about their rights in the Freedom Charter. If I am expelled, then I know I will die with my soul intact," he said.
He addressed nearly 1 000 people gathered for the league's 67th anniversary celebrations in Alexandra, Johannesburg.
Malema, along with deputy president Ronald Lamola, secretary general Sindiso Magaqa, his deputy Kenetswe Mosenogi, and treasurer general Pule Mabe face charges of compromising the ANC's reputation and of disrupting a party meeting.
League spokesperson Floyd Shivambu's hearing was scheduled for a later date.
ANC spokespeople Jackson Mthembu and Keith Khoza were not immediately available to comment on the location of the hearing.
On Friday Khoza said the venue was being kept a secret.
He said previously that the location was going to be made public for fear that supporters would protest outside the ANC's Luthuli House headquarters in Johannesburg.
Malema supporters pelted police and journalists with half-bricks and set fire to T-shirts emblazoned with the face of President Jacob Zuma during Malema's disciplinary hearing last Tuesday.
The ANC condemned the rampage, with secretary general Gwede Mantashe comparing it to "the storming of the Bastille".
The party also faced legal action from a Johannesburg law firm if it failed to move the hearing elsewhere.