Announcement of Malema appeal delayed
Johannesburg - The outcome of an appeal against a five-year suspension by embattled ANC Youth leader Julius Malema has been delayed, the parent body said on Saturday.
The scheduled 11:30 media briefing at Luthuli House by the national disciplinary committee of appeals would be delayed by an hour “due to unavoidable reasons”, the ANC said.
Malema was charged with bringing the parent body into disrepute and sowing divisions within party ranks.
Last year, Malema said the league would send a team to Botswana to consolidate local opposition parties and help bring about regime change.
ANCYL spokesperson Floyd Shivambu, who was suspended for three years, and deputy president Ronald Lamola, treasurer-general Pule Mabe, secretary-general Sindiso Magaqa and deputy secretary-general Kenetswe Mosenogi, were also appealing their suspensions.