Partial privatisation of SOEs on the cards

2017-07-14 06:00

Finance Minister Malusi Gigaba has announced that partial privatisation of state-owned enterprises is on the agenda to revive the economy.

Money will be found for SAA and Post Office – Gordhan

2017-02-22 14:52

Finance Minister Pravin Gordhan says he can't say where for now, but money will be found to put South African Airways and Post Office on a sounder financial footing.

Post Office's late financials a concern - AG

2016-11-17 17:24

The loss-making Post Office is one of two public entities which received a qualified audit opinion for the year 2015/16.

Post office workers tired of low pay, no toilet paper, fixing own bikes

2016-05-05 17:21

SA Post Office workers have marched in Cape Town to demand improvements in the state-owned entity, saying they are “gatvol” with their working conditions.

Post Office Centurion lease was unlawful - public protector

2016-02-23 16:39

Sapo's acquisition of a R161m ten-year lease for an office building in Centurion was “tainted by procurement irregularities and corruption”, says the public protector.

New Sapo CEO to ‘remain involved’ at Purple Group

2015-11-24 15:42

Mark Barnes, the new chief executive officer of the South African Post Office (Sapo), will take a non-executive role within Purple Group.

New CEO eyes profitable Post Office

2015-11-20 08:24

Possibilities exist for the beleaguered South African Post Office to be profitable again, says the state-owned unit’s new chief executive officer Mark Barnes.

Post Office appoints new acting CEO

2015-10-30 12:00

The South African Post Office has appointed a new acting group chief executive officer after Mlu Mathonsi stepped down for “personal reasons”.

Gauteng Post Offices ‘remain open’ despite strike

2015-10-29 09:52

The South African Post Office says its Gauteng outlets remain open despite a planned strike.

Struggling Post Office finalises salary payments

2015-10-27 15:18

The South African Post Office plans to pay its employees the remaining 30% of their salaries on Wednesday October 28.


We can save the grants payment crisis, Post Office says

2017-03-15 07:43

The South African Post Office has officially joined the scramble to replace CPS as the country's social grants distributor amid an ongoing crisis over the payment of beneficiaries.

How to liberate Sassa from its hostage situation

2017-02-03 19:07

The Post Office has the power to stop this exploitation of the poor, writes social activist Bongi Poloma Makeba.

Post Office launches e-registered mail

2016-05-19 13:24

Traditional paper-based registered mail can now be sent to email addresses, the South African Post Office has announced this week.

Post Office nears raising R2.7bn in capital

2016-04-28 15:29

The embattled South African Post Office is near to raising R2.7bn in capital from the likes of banks, says chief executive officer Mark Barnes.

Why Cwele chose Mark Barnes as Sapo CEO

2015-12-03 14:04

Telecomms and postal services minister Siyabonga Cwele lists key reasons why banker Mark Barnes was hired to lead the South African Post Office.

Post Office won't be privatised, says new CEO

2015-11-20 10:18

Turnaround plans at the South African Post Office do not include any talk of privatisation, says the state-owned company’s new chief executive officer.

New Post Office boss talks tough on turnaround

2015-11-19 17:45

Cabinet has approved the appointment of Mark Barnes as the Group Chief Executive Officer of the South African Post Office.

Low turnout for Post Office march

2015-10-29 12:36

Approximately 100 union members marched in Johannesburg on Thursday to protest alleged maladministration at the South African Post Office.

Post Office wins court order against strike

2015-10-28 15:19

The South African Post Office has won an urgent court interdict to halt planned strike action on Thursday.

Post Office staff only get 70% of their salaries

2015-10-26 11:25

The South African Post Office says it has paid all its staff 70% of their total salaries with the remaining 30% expected to be deposited by October 31.

Traffic Alerts
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.


Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.

Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire network.


Location Settings

News24 allows you to edit the display of certain components based on a location. If you wish to personalise the page based on your preferences, please select a location for each component and click "Submit" in order for the changes to take affect.

Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.