French minister denies shooting suspect arrested
Paris - French Interior Minister Claude Gueant denied on Wednesday that a gunman suspected of killing seven people in the name of al Qaeda has been arrested, a ministry spokesperson said.
"Claude Gueant denies the arrest of the main suspect," interior ministry spokesperson Pierre-Henry Brandet told Reuters.
Earlier, French television channels BFM TV and i-Tele had reported that the suspected killer had been arrested after a nearly 12-hour operation.
The suspect remains holed up in an apartment in Toulouse, surrounded by police.